It seems that almost everyday, people are coming to The AIMS Clinic feeling emotionally and physically exhausted. They are unable to do simple daily tasks – walking the dog, preparing meals, going to the gym or being productive at work. Resting during the day or having a good night’s sleep does not seem to alleviate exhaustion. Friends, family members and co-workers may start to question and doubt your symptoms. But, here at our Clinic, we know and understand that your symptoms are real. Some people may actually be experiencing chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms.
In addition to extreme fatigue that lasts for at least six months, four of the following chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms are experienced:
• Loss of concentration or memory
• Not feeling refreshed after a night’s sleep
• Muscle pain
• Joint pain (without swelling or redness)
• Recurring sore throat
• Lymph nodes in the neck and armpits are tender and swollen
Those experiencing some of the symptoms listed above, seek relief with chronic fatigue syndrome doctors.
Some people experience symptoms that come and go. Others may find that their symptoms are common or overlap with other health conditions – such as fibromyalgia, Lyme and MS. In addition, the person with symptoms may not look, “sick” to the doctor. For these reasons, chronic fatigue syndrome doctors may become frustrated, especially because there are no clear cut tests to diagnose the condition.
When a patient first comes to us, they breathe a sigh of relief because they realize we understand what they are going through. We do not tell a patient that it is all in your head, get more sleep or just toughen up. We know your symptoms are real… we just need to uncover the factors that may have contributed to symptoms, in order to customize a chronic fatigue syndrome treatment program. There are numerous theories or triggers associated with chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms. These include:
• Physical Stress
• Emotional Stress
• Spinal Misalignment
• Environmental factors
• Allergies, Toxins, Heavy Metals
• Weak Immune System
• Hormonal Imbalances
• Dysfunctional Immune System
• Gender (women are twice as likely to be diagnosed as men)
As with most chronic conditions – early detection, diagnosis and treatment will yield better health outcomes. Our Doctors, Therapists and Patient Care Coordinators will help you every step of the way. Some of our chronic fatigue syndrome treatment program options include:
• Functional Medicine: Many patients with chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms have severe problems with their GI tract. Specific diagnostic tests to evaluate GI function are conducted – to help restore chemical balance, boost the immune system and increase energy.
• Chiropractic: To help restore structural balance to the nervous system, our chiropractors utilize a variety of therapies or techniques – safely and comfortably. To those in pain, a low-force activator tool is used and/or non-force Sacro-Occipital Technique (padded blocks placed under the patient’s pelvic area to allow the body to adjust itself). Chiropractic adjustments help to increase immune system function.
• Physical Therapy: Many patients with CFS have sustained an injury, have poor posture, muscular imbalances and/or weak core muscles. Our Physical Therapy Team’s focus is on pain relief, healing, improving body mechanics, restoring function and movement. Passive physical therapy helps to relax the body by utilizing heat or cold therapies, hydrotherapy, electric muscle stimulation, and/or ultrasound. As pain is reduced, active physical therapy is incorporated to strengthen core muscles, increase flexibility, joint movement and range-of-motion. This is accomplished with stretching and various exercises on a gradient level.
• Lifestyle Recommendations: Taking a holistic approach, our Team may provide ways to alter home and work areas. Our Podiatrist may recommend comfortable and supportive shoes and possibly custom molded orthotics.
If you are suffering with chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms, we want you to know that we are committed to helping you. Come in for a free consultation and clinic tour. Sit down with our Clinic Director and discover our drug-free approach. We can customize a chronic fatigue syndrome treatment program just for you. Call New Jersey’s own Alternative Integrated Medical Services today at 732-254-5553 and receive a FREE Initial Consultation.