Arthritis – a chronic disease that refers to an inflammation of the joints. It is known by many names – comprising over 100 diseases and conditions. People come to The AIMS Clinic seeking a holistic approach for swollen, stiff and painful joints. Many experience reduced joint mobility and/or redness or warmth around the joint. They seek arthritis relief, which does not include drugs or surgery.
Statistics regarding arthritis are alarming! Currently, over 54 million adults have been diagnosed with arthritis and this number is expected to reach 78 million by 2040!
• According to reports, 26% of women and 18% of men have been diagnosed with arthritis.
• Almost 66% of working age adults in the US (ages 18 – 64) report having limitations due to arthritis.
• Arthritis is more common in adults who also have other chronic conditions – 49% with heart disease, 47% with diabetes, and 31% who are obese have arthritis.
• Adults with arthritis were 2.5 times more likely to have two or more falls and have experienced a fall injury in the last year than those without arthritis.
If you have received an arthritis diagnosis, we know that it can be overwhelming for you, as well as family, friends and co-workers. Our goal is to help patients perform normal, everyday activities without difficulty.
Whether you are experiencing typical joint pain, swelling or stiffness, or perhaps have unexplained fatigue or just do not feel right, it is vital to have your symptoms evaluated. Our arthritis diagnosis begins with a free consultation by our Clinic Director and tour of our facility. If it is determined that we are a good fit for each other, our Team of Experts will begin the process of providing arthritis relief.
• In-depth Medical and Family History: During this portion of the evaluation, we want to hear your journey. We want to know when symptoms began, the level of pain and stiffness, and what arthritis treatment you have already tried – but was unsuccessful. We will also discuss lifestyle – employment, hobbies, health habits, injuries, diet, medication, supplements and level of stress. In addition, we look at a family history of arthritis or autoimmune condition.
• Exam and Evaluation: Our Team – Medical Doctors, Chiropractors, Physical Therapists, Podiatrist and an Acupuncturist offer a variety of tests to determine the cause of symptoms. A Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, Podiatric and/or Acupuncture Examination, Lab Tests and X-Rays may reveal the factors or causes. These include:
1. Misalignment of Bones (Subluxation)
3. Decreased Nerve Function
4. Lack of Exercise
5. Overuse or Wear and Tear of the Joint
7. Poor Diet
9. Hormonal imbalances
10. Genetic Predisposition
The Team Report: At The AIMS Clinic you get the Team. Tests and evaluations are reviewed and a diagnosis is made. The more common types of arthritis are Osteoarthritis (Degenerative Joint Disease) – a wearing down of cartilage that protects the framework of bone and muscle, and Rheumatoid Arthritis – inflammatory disorder that causes the immune system to attach its own joints.
If you are seeking an arthritis cure or arthritis relief, many options are available. Arthritis treatment options include:
Chiropractic: Physical manipulation allows the joints to be directly adjusted, thus reducing pain and stiffness. By correcting joint and spine dislocations via chiropractic adjustments, range-of-motion increases. Additionally, massage, heat therapy, cold therapy, ultrasound and TENS are utilized to increase flexibility and circulation, increase blood flow, relax tissue and reduce pain and swelling – to help the body heal.
Physical Therapy: Our goal is to relieve pain, restore function and movement, and improve body mechanics. If necessitated, assistive devices – braces or splints, along with taping can help protect joints. Exercises will be provided to reduce stiffness and pain, and help increase flexibility, muscle strength and endurance. At home exercises are also provided to assist and maintain healing. Many patients are thrilled with their weight loss, cardiovascular fitness and improved overall health, which often occurs with exercise.
Podiatry: Arthritis often affects joints of the feet. In fact, joints can become swollen and deformed – making standing or walking difficult. In addition, finding comfortable and supportive shoes may be a challenge. A treatment plan may include custom molded orthotics and bracing, tapings and/or strappings. In addition, electric stimulation, ultrasound, cryotherapy and a footwear evaluation are offered.
Acupuncture: Pain and illness occur when the body is out of balance and there is disturbance in the body’s energy – according to Traditional Chinese Medicine. Acupuncture focus is to return the body to a delicate balance.
Lifestyle Recommendations: At The AIMS Clinic, it is vital to know the daily activities of all of our patients. This helps to shed light on activities that may have contributed to the condition. Therefore, certain activities may have to be modified or changed at home and in the work environment. A reacher may be suggested to help pick things up from the floor, comfortable and supportive footwear may be recommended, and as important is to maintain proper posture at all times – sitting, standing, bending, pushing, pulling, sleeping, etc.
If you are one of the many people searching for an arthritis cure, or seeking arthritis relief, we may be able to help. Our customized arthritis treatment programs in New Jersey offer an integrated approach of Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, Podiatry and Acupuncture. In addition, pain management treatment options, along with nutritional recommendations are offered to ease symptoms and reduce inflammation. We not only provide compassionate care by a Team of Experts, we provide education and support to help you understand your symptoms and the benefits of each treatment option.
Call New Jersey’s own Alternative Integrated Medical Services today at 732-254-5553 and receive a FREE Initial Consultation.Our goal is to provide the most advanced and compassionate arthritis relief.
To read more about Arthritis, click here.