THE REAL WEIGHT LOSS DEAL! THE… NO STARVING MEDICAL APPROACH TO WEIGHT LOSS
No starving! To lose weight, we must get away from the concept of DIETING. Eating better with proper nutrition, under the direct supervision of a Board Certified Medical Doctor – will empower us to become healthier and lose weight.
Alternative Integrated Medical Services, also known as the AIMS Clinic, utilizes a multi-disciplinary approach to weight loss and long-term weight maintenance. Weight concerns are treated with the same respect as other medical conditions, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease or fibromyalgia. This approach successfully allows our patients to reduce or eliminate many medications – blood pressure medicine, insulin, cholesterol medications, and manage or correct health conditions with weight management.
It is important to realize that there is no “one-size fits all” diet, although there are several guidelines that can be applied to most individuals. In keeping with this principle, our Healthcare Team looks at each patient to assess his or her nutritional status and dietary needs. At AIMS, we provide diagnostic evaluations to determine a patient’s most functional weight loss point, as well as an evaluation of hormone levels, fasting blood glucose, cortisol, food sensitivities and toxins, which can hinder weight lose.
When we improve our diet, we usually improve our health status. However, it is often necessary to supplement our diet with nutrients – such as vitamins, minerals and amino acids (building blocks of protein and hormones, and can help to support healthy human growth hormone levels). In therapeutic combinations, amino acids play a vital role in the regulation of blood pressure, energy output and memory. We want to keep these in the correct formulation to “make it work”.
Nutrients can be prescribed as oral preparations (capsules or tablets), intravenously or via intramuscular injections. Some patients require targeted supplemental therapy due to problems absorbing nutrients, lack of enzymes to digest and properly break down food, hereditary factors or due to illness.
According to research, nutrient content of crops has declined over the last 50 years. This may be due to choosing high yield crops rather than high quality crops, declining quality of soil and/or the increased use of pesticides and herbicides. Organically grown crops may have a higher nutrient content and animals that are fed organically grown feed show better growth and reproduction. Yes, you are what you eat…
At AIMS, our “No Starving” weight loss program offers:
- Medical supervision by a physician, well-trained in internal medicine, as well as in the science of weight loss, who can identify conditions associated with excess weight (insomnia, diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol and thyroid problems). It is vital to detect and treat related problems to provide safe weight loss and maintenance. An undiagnosed condition can make weight loss and/or maintenance extremely difficult! By identifying and addressing potential health problems, the likelihood of a successful weight loss is increased.
- The AIMS Clinic is proud to have a highly trained and experienced Nutritionist. No more fad diets… No more excuses… No more starvation. By integrating nutritional thinking, behavior modification and compassionate care, weight loss and maintenance can actually be an enjoyable experience.
- Cleanse, detoxify and lose body fat. It’s not if we need a cleanse – it’s how much do we need? We make this a part of our initial, guided 12-week program. Patients are amazed at how easy this is to do without impacting their lifestyle.
- Clinically prepared, individual supplements for your optimal health. Deficiencies make us deficient. We can’t physiologically perform, if we do not have all the macro and micro nutrients we need. For instance, we cannot burn fat efficiently, if we do not have B vitamins present for enzymatic reactions, which “turn on” the use of fat for energy in the body.
- Nutritional education for you and your family to last a lifetime! The information and guidance we provide is healthy and adoptable for the whole family. Avoid metabolic disease, diabetes type II and heart disease. Did you know this can be done with healthy food intake? We see patients everyday achieving better numbers on their blood tests… just with our nutritional program!
- We save you money! Many people buy ineffective and at times, potentially dangerous products for weight loss, along with unnecessary vitamin and mineral supplements. We will not promote these products or sell the latest and greatest “fad diet”. At AIMS, you will not find weight loss shots or cellulite reduction wraps.
- While most people believe nutrition is all about food, our Team believes it’s also about how your body uses food (body fuel). That’s where regular exercise comes in. Maintaining a high enough metabolic rate to burn food efficiently is difficult without adequate exercise. Make exercise a regular part of your life. Need help? Why not speak with one of our Physical Therapists or Chiropractic Physicians?
- Our goal is to teach you how to do it! “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” Chinese Proverb
Nutrition is the foundation of naturopathic healing. What we eat has an overwhelming effect on our physical and emotional health. Hippocrates said, “Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food.” In addition to our Medical and Nutritional Teams, we address many physical and emotional complaints through dietary adjustments. Patients learn how and why diet influences disease.
There are not many weight loss Centers that have a Board Certified Medical Doctor, Nutritionist and Naturopathic Doctor. At AIMS, we use scientifically based and safe methods that result in quick, healthy and inexpensive weight loss. Whether you want to lose 20 pounds or 120 pounds, please call (732) 254-5553 and schedule a free initial consultation. What do you have to lose…