Many people come to The AIMS Clinic suffering with neck pain. Some people are concerned because:
- They are unable to turn their head left or right without experiencing severe neck pain.
- Pain and a stiff neck have not improved after a few days.
- Over-the-counter medication seems to only be a quick fix… and then the pain returns.
- Neck pain (cervical pain) has now traveled to other parts of the body (arm, hands or fingers) resulting in numbness and tingling.
- There is concern stemming from a neck jury (auto, sports or slip-and-fall).
According to recent surveys (National Institute of Health Statistics), neck pain is the second most common form of pain in the US – with back pain being number one. 75% of Americans will suffer with neck pain at some point in their lives.
Severe Neck Pain May be Accompanied with Other Symptoms!
So, perhaps when you woke up this morning you felt a burning or tingling sensation in your neck, or perhaps you woke up with a stiff neck. Other symptoms may include:
- Blurred vision
- Pain around the shoulder blades
- Trouble walking, talking, writing or swallowing
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above, it is important to understand why you are suffering with mild to severe neck pain and seek appropriate care.
The Reason for a Neck Injury
Your neck is amazing! It begins in the base of the skull and contains seven small bones (vertebrae). Between each vertebrae are tough shock-absorbing pads (intervertebral discs), and there are joints, muscles and ligaments in the neck to provide movement and stability. After all, it has to support the weight of the head (8 – 12 pounds) and allows you to nod up and down (90° forward and backward), turn right and left (180° side to side) and tilt to each shoulder about 120°. Nerves in the neck provide communication with the shoulders, arms and chest, and arteries and veins help to circulate blood between the brain and heart. Wow… the neck is amazing, unfortunately with so much movement, there is risk for neck injury.
If you are experiencing a stiff neck or have severe neck pain… drug-free treatment options are available. Do not mask your symptoms with medication.
Call New Jersey’s own Alternative Integrated Medical Services today at 732-254-5553. Our goal is to provide the most advanced and compassionate neck pain relief. Our Team of Experts and friendly staff at your local East Brunswick, NJ AIMS Clinic, will help you reduce or eliminate neck pain and improve function. As our patient, we will teach you how to regain your health with our revolutionary treatment programs.