It seems more and more people are coming to The AIMS Clinic suffering with a sore arm! Simple tasks, such as brushing hair, sweeping, lifting groceries, texting or enjoying tennis are almost impossible to do without pain. Many personal trainers, baseball players, musicians, teachers and gardeners are struggling with arm pain. Some find it difficult to fall asleep and/or be productive at work.
In addition to pain, aches and stiffness of the arm, there are other symptoms associated with a sore arm:
Shooting pain, numbness and weakness spreading down the arm and into the hands and/or fingers may be experienced.
There may be redness, swelling or tenderness of the arm.
Muscle cramps occurring in the arm.
It is very important to seek immediate medical attention if arm pain is accompanied by chest pain or shortness of breath. This may be sign of a heart attack.
What Causes Arm Pain?
Our arms are really amazing! Each contains thirty-one bones, forty plus muscles and fourteen major nerves. This allows us to do many miraculous tasks – but, with all of these bones, muscles and nerves, injury – leading to arm pain may result, especially if prevention and spinal health are not maintained.
For over forty years, our Team of Experts has isolated various causes or factors contributing to a sore arm or muscle pain in arm. These include:
- Poor Posture (Improper lifting, pushing, pulling)
- Spinal Misalignment – Subluxation
- Herniated or Degenerated Disc
- Referred Pain
- Spinal stenosis
- Injuries: Slip and fall, sports (repetitive or overuse), or automobile (whiplash) accident
- Osteoarthritis, RA
- Vibrations from tools/equipment (drilling)
- Cold temperature
Treatment Options for Muscle Pain in Arm:
At The AIMS Clinic, detecting the cause of muscle pain in arm – or any health concern, is vital. This begins with a free consultation. This is a perfect opportunity for the patient to ask questions about their arm pain and learn about our approach. If it is determined that our Team can help, a detailed medical history, along with a thorough physical, orthopedic, neurological and/or chiropractic examinations are conducted. Additional diagnostic tests may be necessitated – x-rays or MRI scans to help create an effective treatment program.
Diagnostic testing may reveal some of the following causes/conditions:
- Bone Spurs or Degeneration
- Pinched Nerve
- Spinal Disc Herniation
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Frozen Shoulder
- Tennis Elbow
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Whether you are seeking treatment for upper arm muscle pain, experiencing numbness, tingling or redness of the arm or have limited mobility, a customized treatment program can be created for you. Options include:
- Chiropractic: Our Chiropractors use a variety of adjusting techniques, stretching and spinal decompression, along with ice therapy, moist heat therapy, heat lamp, ultrasound, electric stimulation, soft tissue massage, joint mobilization and/or traction to maximize relief and speed recovery. Treatment for a sore arm will also include evaluation of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand to ensure a proper functioning unit.
- Physical Therapy: Our Physical Therapy Team provides both passive and active physical therapy to treat disorders of the muscles, bones or joints. A combination of stretching and strengthening exercises, along with various therapies, help to promote healing. In addition, Functional Training and a Healthy Posture Program reduce strain on the joints and soft tissues around the spine. The result is an increase in strength, flexibility, range-of-motion, balance, and posture.
- Acupuncture: Helps speed healing by returning the natural energy flow to the area affected. In addition, it releases endorphins to soothe pain while stimulating circulation and the body’s ability to heal.
As a multi-disciplinary healthcare Clinic, we also offer specific pain management options along with nutritional recommendations. Our Team of Experts prides itself on providing lifestyle recommendations both at work and at home (ergonomic). Topical antiseptic cream, spray or gel, along with assistive devices and supports may be recommended.
If you are suffering with muscle pain in arm or have a sore arm, do not wait! We invite you in for a Free Consultation to learn more about our approach and success. Treatment for upper arm muscle pain, nerve impingement that involves numbness, tingling and weakness or arm pain related to an existing health condition – can be created for you.
Call East Brunswick, New Jersey’s own Alternative Integrated Medical Services today at 732-254-5553 and receive a FREE Initial Consultation.